Saturday 17 September 2016

INSTANT MAKAI, WHEAT FLOUR ADAI

I had some makai flour with me and recently I made the bhakri with nachni.  The recipe will be posting soon.   I was alone at home and was wondering what to make for breakfast.  If  I am alone at home, am bit lazy to make the breakfast for myself.  

Since the atta was very less, thought of adding the wheat flour in it and made this adai with some onions and green chillies chopped in it.  It is really tasty when it is served hot and instantly you can make it. 

 If I put green chilli chopped in any of the dish, my family members do not like it hence i prefer to put the paste in the dish  and if i am making something for me i put the chopped chillies separately for me.

Coming back to the recipe, it was really tasty when I had it with the lasoon chutney which was lying in my fridge for quite some time.  Since I use it only with bhakri, the stock never get exhausted as I am the only person to consume it.

some of the  related recipes : Makai adai, corn meal idli, makai ki roti,  
corn meal paratha 



 INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup corn meal, makai atta
1 green chilli chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp green coriander chopped
1 tsp finely chopped curry leaves
a pinch of asagoetida
1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt as per taste
oil for making adai.
Water or butter milk

Method:

Step 1

In a bowl, mix the wheat and corn meal with salt, asafoetida, pepper powder, curry leaves.  Add the chopped green chilli, onion, coriander.  Add water slowly and make a semi solid batter.  Instead of water, you can also use butter milk.

Step 2

Heat a non stick pan or the iorn tava and smear with oil.  Take a portion of the batter with your hand and put it on the tava and spread it with your hand.  It should be bit thick and not thin like the dosa.

Drizzle some oil on top of it when it is cooked, flip and cook the other side.

Your adai is ready to serve. Repeat the process for the remaining batter.

How to serve.

Serve with any kind of chutney, sambar or lasson chutney.  I had with lasoon chutney and was awesome.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment