Wednesday 8 June 2016

PAPAYA CHUTNEY

When I say papaya chutney, it is not the  normal chutney which we serve along with dosa, idli etc.  It is mixed with the dhokla crumble  and served along with the Fafda and  Jalebi.

Though it is named as chutney, it can be served as a side dish also minus the dhokla crumble.  I love to eat as it is without fafda and jalebi too as it is quite tasty.  I happened to eat this in one of our birthday party organized in the office long years ago.  When I started my blog, I wanted to post this recipe but some how I did not get the opportunity to share this.

Last week when I went to the market, I saw fresh raw papaya and decided to buy the same with the intention of making this chutney and the recipe is here 






Ingredients:

1/2 raw papaya
1-2 green chilli
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4  tsp cumin seeds (optional)
few curry leaves
turmeric powder
salt
hing powder.
Lime juice

for garnishing

coriander leaves.

Method:

1.  Wash and grate the papaya in the grater and keep aside. chop the green chilli and keep aside.
2.  Heat oil in kadai.  put the mustard seeds, when it splutters, add the cumin seeds, hing powder, curry leaves.
3.  When it is done, add the chopped green chilli, saute for few seconds.
4.  Add the grated papaya, turmeric powder, salt, mix well, cover and cook for two minutes.
5.  Remove from the gas, allow to cool a bit.  Add the dhokla crumble, mix well and serve with fafda and jalebi or as it is with a dash of lime juice.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment