Saturday 25 June 2016

DALIA IDLI

I want to try the cracked wheat i.e. dalia idli since so many days.  Yesterday as I was grinding  for idli, I felt that the Urid dal  is more for the quantity of rice hence I removed some urid dal batter from it and kept aside.

It must be around 3/4 cup of urid dal batter so I soaked 1/4 cup cracked wheat and mixed both and kept for fermenting. Since the climate was bit cool after a pre monsoon rain, it did not become sour much.  I tried the idli and came out well and served with sambar.

Since I liked it, I am posting the recipe here for you too.


Ingredients:

1 cup medium size cracked wheat
1/2 cup urid dal
a pinch of soda
salt

Method: 

Soak the urid dal for 15-20 minutes. grind to a smooth paste.  Soak the cracked wheat also in little water.
add the ground urid dal batter  in it.  add salt and keep for fermentation.

Next day, grease idli mould.   Add the soad in it and mix well.  pour the batter in the mould.  Heat water and place the stand in it and cook for 5-7 minutes.  remove from the mould when it is bit cool  remove from the mould, and serve hot with  sambar and chutney.

Note:  If you want, you can temper with mustard seeds, urid dal, curry leaves, chanad dal, hing powder etc. and grated carrot, chopped green chilli, coriander leaves  and fried cashews etc.

you can also add curd and eno fruit salt  to the soaked rava and make it instantly.

THANKS FOR VISITING THEBLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.




No comments:

Post a Comment