Sunday 19 June 2016

CHAKKA PAZHAM PORI, JACKRUIT PAZHAM PORI, JACKFRUIT FRITTERS


Pazham pori or Banana fritters are made with Ripe  Nendran Pazham.  This banana is available plenty in Kerala and this is a lovely snack enjoyed with a cup of tea. 

Similarly, we can make the pazham pori with ripe jackfruit also.  Yesterday I happened to buy a small jackfruit as it was plenty in the market due to Vat Poornima today.  I was thinking of making the pazham pori with jack fruit since long but could not make it.  The reason behind is that myself and my children are very fond of jack fruit and as soon I bring it home, it is finished within seconds.

Since I had enough jackfruit and only myself and my daughter were there to have the entire fruit, I thought of making the fritters with it.   It is dipped in the batter and deep fried and served along with a cup of tea or coffee.  Video link here

Let us look at the recipe now:


Ingredients:

1/4 cup maida
1 tsp rice flour
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (normally it is not used, but I added to it)
a pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
10-15 small ripe jack fruit pieces.
a pinch of cooking soda

Method:

1.  In a wide bowl, mix the maida, sugar,  salt 
2.  Add water and make a batter out of it.
3.  Ensure that there are no lumps in int.
4.  Add the turmeric powder, chilli  powder and mix well.  The batter is ready.  add the cooking soda just before making the fritters.
5.  cut both the ends of  jackfruit and make two pieces. 
6.  Heat oil in a kadai.
7.  dip the pieces in the batter and fry them till light golden brown.
8.  Serve hot with a cup of tea//coffee.


enjoy this fritters before the season ends.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment