Saturday 11 June 2016

BABY CORN BHAJIA

Baby corns can be eaten as it is when it is tender.  I just love to eat as it is.  If I want to make something out of it, I must get two packets otherwise I will end up eating the whole stuff as it is and there wont be anything to make the dish.

Corn cobs are roasted in coal, apply nimbu salt mirch masala on it and have. It is yum.

Baby corn can be used to make salad, subzi, bhajia etc.  This photo graph was in my folder since two years and I totally forgot about it.  Today I was searching the folders one by one for rangoli, I found the same and checked the blog whether I posted the same or not and it was not there. Hence I decided to post the same now.  

Reason for posting this at the right time as the rainy season is going to start and you will enjoy this hot bhajia along with a cup of tea or coffee definitely.

Let us look at the recipe now:




Ingredients:

1 Pkt baby corn (around 7-8 small ones )
1/2 cup beasan
2 tbsp rice flour
a pinch of cooking soda
1  tsp chilli powder (if you want spicy add more)
salt
1 tsp hot oil
hing powder
ginger garlic green chilli  paste (optional) if you want add to the batter.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
oil for deep frying.

Method:

1.  Blanch the corns in salt water for two to three minutes.  drain the water, pat dry them and keep aside.
2.  In a mixing bowl, add the besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder,hing powder, salt and make a batter.   Keep the batter for 30 minutes.
3.  Add the cooking soda,  1 tsp hot oil, mix well.  
4.  In a kadai, heat oiil.  dip the corns in batter and deep fry them till golden brown.



How to serve:

Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment