Thursday 5 May 2016

ANGOORI KHEER

Today my blog is turning 3 years old.  I am thankful to all my viewers  for visiting the blog, their  valuable suggestions and support without which it would not have been possible for me to continue this lovely journey with the fond memories of my father in whose name I started the blog three years back.

I started this journey as a hobby and now I am very keen to improve the same and is on my way thought it will take some time for me to do so.  

On this day, I wanted to post a sweet recipe only and I chose to prepare the Angoori Kheer.  The angoor as made with home made paneer and it turned out well and liked by all.  This day is more important in my life as my son also completed his diploma in Television through a renowed college at Chennai and the convocation was on 3rd May and we returned from Chennai yesterday. 

Its a double whammy and I decided to make the kheer today and post it.  Actually I wanted to try the same with the grapes, but have no time to go to the market and get it as I am too tired to do so.

But you will definitely enjoy this version of kheer.  Now let us look at the recipe now:


Time taken: 1 hour
serves: 4-5


Ingredients:

1 ltr
Milk
½ cup
Sugar
1 tbsp
Vinegar or lime juice
5-6
Pistachios
¼ cup
Cashew nuts
2 tbsp
Rice flour
Pinch
Of green food colour
Pinch
Of cardamom powder
½ cup
water
2 tbps
Rice powder

Method:

1.       Boil ½ ltr milk. 


 When it starts boiling, add the vinegar of lime juice to curdle the milk. 



 When it is curdled, transfer it in a strainer lined with muslin cloth. 



 Wash with running water to eliminate the smell of vinegar or lime juice which you are using.  Drain the excess water from it and keep it under a heavy weight.  Once the water is drained out, you will get the home made paneer. You will get 50-60 gms paneer out of it.

2.       Remove the paneer from the cloth and knead well and make small angurs out of it.  I made around 55 angurs. Keep aside.




3.      In a sauce pan add the sugar and water and bring to boil. 



 Add the angoors in it and boil till it is double in size.  Remove the angoors and put it in ¼ cup water with the food colour mixed in it and boil for five minutes. 






 Preserve the sugar syrup for making the kheer.  Allow to cool, remove the angoor  and keep aside.  This is done to get a green colour.  You can also add the colour while kneading the paneer.

4.      Soak the cashews for half an hour in hot water and grind to a smooth paste with little milk.


5.      In a kadai  put the rice powder, ¼ cup water, mix well and cook the same.  In this, add the sugar syrup, ½ ltr milk and cook till the milk is reduced for about 10-15 minutes.



6.      Add the cashew paste in it and stir continuously to ensure that the mixer does not stick to the bottom.

7.      Soak the pistachios in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove the skin and cut them very fine or sliver them and garnish.

8.      Allow to cool the kheer.  Add the angoor and refrigerate it.  Your angoori kheer is ready to serve.



How to serve:

Serve chilled.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.





































No comments:

Post a Comment