Saturday 16 April 2016

RICE FLOUR MASALA BHAKRI

Rice flour bhakri is a holiday breakfast dish at home as  we have to serve them hot.  Normally, I make it on a Saturday/Sunday for breakfast with potato stew.  My daughter loves this if I serve them hot.  Once I made the mix flour bhakri for myself and she happened to taste it.  Normally, they do not even look at this.  When she tasted it, she liked it and asked me to prepare for her also.  That day onwards, she started eating this.

Since I love to mix onion, bit of masalas in it, I prepare the way I am going to elaborate below the recipe.  If you make it only with the rice flour, you can call it as ari pathiri, a famous Kerala Muslim Cuisine which is served with non veg curries.

Here I am presenting the same with the potato stew which you would also love but mind you that you must have the same from tava to the plate.

Let us look at the recipe now:


Ingredients::  (for plain bhakri)

1 cup rice flour
1 cup water
salt
1 tsp oil

Other ingredients: (forthe masala bhakri)

1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger green chilli paste
1/4 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
generous pinch of ajwain and hing powder
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves

Method:

1.  Boil water in kadai with salt and oil.  put the rice flour slowly, continuously stirring.  It will form a lump leaving the sides of the kadai.  switch off gas, cover it and keep it for 10 minutes. This picture I forgot to clik

2.  After 10 minutes, add the other ingredients mentioned above and  knead it well. make equal portions.  I made it five.




3.  I use a plastic sheet to make the bhakri which is easy for  me to do.  Take a plastic sheet, grease with little oil.  Place one ball of the dough on it and press with your hand to flatten the same. 



4.  cover it with the other end of the plastic sheet.  





5.  Place the roti roller on top of the plastic sheet and start rolling the 
bhakri






6.  Open the plastic sheet and slightly push the bhakri, you will be able to remove it very easily as shown below.

7.  Heat a non stick tava or the normal tava.  place the bhakri and cook both the sides till the brown spots appear on it.  You can drizzle some oil while cooking or apply butter after removing it from the tava and serve hot.



How to serve:

serve hot with potato stew.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.

NOTE:

 You can make ari pathiri a famous Kerala Muslim dish.  For this you need roasted rice flour and it is served with non veg curry.  here i have used  raw rice powder.

2 comments:

  1. here is the link for potato stew sangi http://rasavinsuvai.blogspot.in/2016/04/potato-stew.html

    ReplyDelete