Saturday 9 April 2016

JACKFRUIT SEED MASALA SANDWICH

Sandwich is any time snack at our house.  My husband is very fond of bread so also the children.  Even if I give them bread varieties  three times in a day they are happy.   Evening my daughter was hungry and wanted to eat something.  

I had already  planned to make the sandwich hence I boiled and kept the jackfruit seed in the morning while cooking lapsi.  Later on I received call from office that I have to attend office today even though it was a holiday due to exigency of work. AsI had to go to office, I had to drop the plan of making the sandwich during the day.  After coming from office, I made the same as my daughter wanted to eat something in the evening.

Jackfruit is available now plenty as the season is on and the seeds are preserved to make cutlet,  subzi, kheer,  chips, pulinkaripickle, etc.  Since I have posted the subji, pickle etc. in the blog, I thought of making sandwich with it.  Initially, my plan was to make nice balls out of it but due to heat  I dropped the idea and made the sandwich.

Now let us look at the recipe now:





Total time taken:  1 hour
Yield: 2 sandwiches

Ingredients:

¼ cup
Jackfruit seed
1 tbps
Paneer
1
Onion medium size chopped
2 tsp
Chopped tomatoes without seeds
1 tsp
Red chilli sauce

Salt

Chaat masala
2 tsp
Oil
1
Green chilli chopped (optinal)
1 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves
4
Slices of bread
2 tsp
butter

 
Method:
 
1.       Cut the edges of bread, apply butter on the slices and keep aside.

2.      Remove the skin of seeds, pressure cook them for three whistles.
3.      After cooling, remove the brown skin of the seeds, mash and keep aside.



4.      Heat oil in kadai.  Add the onion, salt and cook the same till translucent.
5.      Add the chopped tomato and cook for a minute. 



6.      Add paneer, red chilli sauce, coriander leaves and mix well.



7.      Add the chaat masala and switch off gas.


8.     Allow to cool.  Divide into two equal parts.


9.      Take a slice and spread the same on one side. Cover with another slice.





10.  Cut into triangular pieces or rectangular shape.














11.  
Serve with sauce,chutney
12.  If you wish, you can also toast the same in toaster.
 

Note:  This mixer can be made balls out of it by adding a slice of bread in it and mix well.   dip in bhajia batter and deep fry and serve hot. If you wish, can add chopped green chilli too.

red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and green ones can also be added to the masala.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG. YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.
































No comments:

Post a Comment