Friday 25 March 2016

SWEET AND SOUR MANGO PICKLE WITHOUT OIL

Mango season is on and mouth is watering when I see mangoes in the market.  Recently I bought a kg of mangoes for making vadu mangai.  Since they  do not allow us to select, there were uneven size small, medium and bigger ones.  Normally, we get the mangoes almost in same size but now a days, it is very difficult to get them.  We had to really hunt for it.  I checked with Thane and Mulund market and finally got it from Mani shop that too only one kg.

During this season, every one is busy making various kinds of pickles.

Coming back to the recipe, there were bigger ones in the lot so I decided to make sweet and sour mango pickle with it.  The idea was given to me by one of my colleagues when I shared the instant mango pickle with them.  She told me to add jaggery in it but I added some other ingredients too in it and it was awesome.

Let us look at the recipe now:




 Ingredients:

150gms chopped mangoes 
50 gms jaggry grated
25 gms salt
8-10 gms red chilli powder
A generous pinch of asafoetida 
1 tbsp saunf
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp sunth powder
2 tsp vinegar

Method:

Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar or cheeni mathi bharani.  Put in the glass jar and keep in the hot sun for two days.  Every day mix it two times in the morning and evening.  Later on refrigerate it and use it.

 THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment