Friday 4 March 2016

METHI POHE VADE

Methi Pohe Vade is  made with left over Kanda Poha which I had in the fridge.  Since I do not wan to waste it, I thought of making something out of it.

I had some methi leaves in the fridge and I made use of that to make this YUMMY Methi Pohe Vade.  It is a nice snack along with a cup of hot coffeee/tea.  Sometimes, with the left over items, we can make some innovative dishes.

This post is lying in my draft since July 2015 and today only I realised that I have not posted it.



Let us look at the recipe now:


Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 cup poha soaked or left over kanda poha
1/2 cup  methi leaves 
3-4 green chilli (since we have put chilli in kanda poha, adjust according to the requirement.)
1 onion finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (optional)
2 tbsp grated coconut or coconut bits (optional)
a small piece of ginger (optional) grated
3 medium size potato boiled and mashed 
2 tbsp broken cashews (optional) and peanuts
salt as per requirement.

oil for frying

Method:

 Chop the green chilli  and mix all ingredients with poha and  make a dough out of it.  In the meantime, heat oil in kadai.  make small balls or flat vada out of the dough and deep fry.  transfer it on a tissue paper.   

How to serve:

serve hot with sauce, chutney.

NOTE:  you can  add  bread crumbs too.

If you are making with fresh poha:

wash and soak the poha.  Boil potatoes, mash  and then  mix everything together. 

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment