Monday 29 February 2016

VAZHATHANDU COCONUT DRINK

During the summer season, my mother in law always give coconut water to drink for my children.  In fact in the month of February itself, she starts giving them till the rainy season starts.  This practice I also follow till today after her death in 2009.

Fresh Coconut water itself is very cooling to the body.  Since I was having vazhathandu after making the vazhandu neer mor, I decided to make it along with the coconut water as I had an extra tender coconut with me.

VAZHATHANDU COCONUT DRINK


Let us look at the recipe now:



Total time taken: less than 10 minutes.
serves: 1

Ingredients:

1 tender coconut
4 discs of vazhathandu
tender coconut cream, or malai it is known as.
a generous pinch of salt
a genrous pinch of chaat masala.

pudina leaves  for garnishing.

Method:

1.  Remove the coconut water from the coconut.
2.  Chop the vazhathandu finely.
3.  Put the tender coconut water and vazhathandu in the juicer and grind till the vazhathandu pieces are fully ground.
4.  Strain in a vessel.
5.  Add chaat masala, salt, cream of coconut, mix well

How to serve:

Serve immediately farnished with pudina leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment