Monday 15 February 2016

MANATHAKALI LEAF SOUP

I have posted the Manathakali Vathal Kuzhambu few minutes ago.  Now I am presenting you  the soup  which I made today  with the leaves as my neighbour's son was having some stomach issues and not eating the food for the past five days.  Since the manathakali leaves got the medicinal values and are good for the stomach, I decided to make the soup for him with the coconut milk.

After making the same, when I gave it to the mother for tasting it, she said it is really awesome.  Most of the parents are not aware of the herbal values and the home made medicines specially for the children.

Since I had the plant in my balcony garden, I could make it very easily and share it.


Manathakali leaves soup




Let us look at the recipe now:

Preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

1/4 cup manathakali leaves chopped
1/2 coconut grated
1/4 cup water
salt
1/4 tsp ginger paste
1 garlic pearl chopped
a generous pinch of black pepper powder
1 tsp butter

Method:

1.  Heat the butter in kadai.
2.  add the garlic and ginger and saute for a minute
3.  Add the chopped leaves and saute till the leaves wilt.
4.  add the salt, black pepper powder,saute for a minute
5.  Add little water and allow to cook.
6.  put the coconut in the mixer container with some water and grind.
7.  Extract the milk.
8.  add the same to the kadai.
9.  Just allow to simmer, do not boil after adding the coconut milk
10.  Your manathakali leaves soup is ready to serve.

How to serve:

Serve hot.


Note:

1.  I have given the instructions in the vathal kuzhambu recipe how to clean the leaves, manathakali
2.  It should be put in the salt water just read the kuzhambu recipe.






No comments:

Post a Comment