Tuesday 2 February 2016

BHEL KURMURA VAZHATHANDU SABUDANA FRYUMS

Bhel, the street food of Mumbai who does not know about it and are very rare that one has not tasted this when they come to Mumbai.  I used to make sweet kurmura with it for my children whenever they wish to eat as they love them.

Recently I posted the Aralu Sandige i.e Puffed rice fryums.  The curiosity to try with bhel  kurmura was there ever since I tried the Aralu Sandige.  Since I am making this for the first time, I thought  I will try it with one cup of kurmura.  Vazhathandu (banana stem) we always chop finely and put in the killu karuvadam when we make it during summer.  So I thought of adding the chopped banana stem in this.  While making it, it was not binding properly so I added 2 tbsp of sabudana which was kept for making sabudana kichadi.

Since the first attempt was successful, I thought of posting the same here as I wanted to share with you all because you all will love them to have with a cup of coffee/tea or with rice, sambar, rasam or with tomato rice etc.


Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 cup bhel kurmura
1/2 cup chopped banana stem

salt as required
1 tsp green chilli paste
2 tbsp soaked sabudana
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (optional)

Method:

Put the kurmura in the colander and wash.  keep aside for draining the water.  when the water is completely drained, put it in a kadai or mixing bowl.  add the banana stem, sabudana, salt, green chilli paste, cumin seeds etc. mix well.   take handful of the same and make oblong shape or round or flat as you wish and put in a plastic paper for drying.  takes two days time in the hot sun to get dried.  I could make 6 fryums out of it.

Store it in airtight container.


How to serve:

deep fry them when you want and serve with coffee/tea or rice, sambar, rasam,tomato rice etc.


NOTE:  If you are making small quanity, take a plastic bag and put the plate in it and tie it as shown in the picture down.  on top of that you can place the raw fryums for drying.







No comments:

Post a Comment