Wednesday 2 December 2015

DILL LEAVES DHOKLA

The flavour of suva bhaji or dill leaves is amazing.  All will not like it at first sight but once you start tasting the same, you will definitely add the same in your weekly dish.  One of my neighbour gave me the subzi for the first time and I was bit reluctant to eat.  She told me it is good for my acidity and gas problem, I dared to eat it and really liked it.  Since then, I make it atleast once in a week for myself (all other members of the family says no to it).

It is one of the subzi I make for ganpati without fail on the second day.



Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 cup besan
1/4 cup finely chopped dill leaves
1 tsp oil + 1 tsp oil for greasing the plate
2 pinch baking soda
1 tsp eno
1 tbsp 3g paste garlic, ginger and green chilli paste.
salt

Tempering:

2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves

garnishing:

2 tbsp grated coconut


Method:

In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, 3 g paste, salt, oil.  Now add water little by little to make the batter.  Boil water in  a kadai, grease a plate and keep ready.  Add the eno and mix well in one direction and pour the  batter on the plate. steam cook the same for 15 minutes in medium flame.

insert knife to check whether it is cooked.  allow to cool.  temper with the ingredients mentioned and garnish with the coconut.

How to serve:

serve with chutney along with cup of coffee/tea.


NOTE: if you are using ready dhokla mix, do not use eno and baking soda.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment