Wednesday 4 March 2015

PURPLE COLOUR CABBAGE SUBZI



Whenever I see something different kind of vegetables,  I always pick up the same.  Though I have seen this purple cabbage, my children never allowed me to buy this.  Yesterday, when I was in the market, I could not resist as it was a small one weighting around 250 gms which I picked it.
After preparing the same, my daughter said, there is no difference in taste between the white one and this one. 
I prepared the thoran differently this time as my daughter would not eat the coconut if I put it. 


Let us look at the recipe now:
Preparation time: 05 minutes
Cooking time: 05 minutes
Serves 2-3

Ingredients:

Purple colour cabbage  chopped finely – 250 gms
Angaya podi – 1 to 2  tsp (as per ur requirement)
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urid dal – 1 tsp
Hing powder – generous pinch
Curry leaves few
1 green chilli finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped (optional)
Turmeric powder
Salt

Method:

Wash and chop the cabbage finely. Chop the onion and green chilli too.  Heat oil in kadai.  Add the mustard seeds, urid dal, when it is done, add the curry leaves, hing powder.  Then add the green chilli onion and sauté for a minute.  Add the chopped cabbage, salt, turmeric powder, stir well, sprinkle little water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.  Remove the lid, add the anagaya podi, stir well. Cover again and switch off the gas.  Let it remain in the gars for two minutes.

Your cabbage thoran is ready to serve along with phulka, chapatti, rice etc.

If you like the post share in FB, Google + and do give me your feed back on the blog.

Happy cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment