Saturday 1 November 2014

CURRY PATTA IDLI

Curry patta idli is very healthy, tasty and easy to make recipe.  You can serve this for breakfast and the fried idli as evening snacks too.

I wanted to make this recipe since long and did not get the time to do.  When my friend recently gave me a lot of curry leaves, I decided to try this.  I tried it with only one cup idli batter as I was not sure whether my family members will go for it or not.

When I made the same and served to my husband, he was quite happy with it.  When sampling was done in office with my colleagues, they too liked it.  Hence I am sure you will also definitely like this.






Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 cup idli batter
10-12 sprigs of curry leaves
2 green chilli
a small piece of ginger
4-5 black pepper
1 garlic clove (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds or a generous pinch of roasted cumin powder (optional)
oil for applying in the idli mould


tempering:

few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp oil

Method:

wash and grind the curry leaves, green chilli, ginger to a smooth paste without adding much water.  alternatively, you can take little idli batter and grind together.   mix the paste in the idli batter.  grease the idli mould and pour laddle ful of batter and steam cook the same for 10 minutes.  demould the same and serve with chutney.  

Note:  If you wish you can temper mustard seeds and curry leaves on top of the idli or sprinkle the curry patta gun powder.

If you are using garlic and cumin seeds, grind them along with the green chilli, curry leaves.

If you like the post, share on face book and google plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment