Monday 8 September 2014

KATHRIKA ARACHUKALAKKI, BRINJAL PACHADI

Arachukalakki is a yoghurt based chutney.  Normally, we make it Uppu Manga or Nellikka ie. Gooseberry.   You can call it normally with mango kept in brine or nellikka (gooseberry).  The Uppu mangai  arachukalakki and  (nellikka)  Gooseberry chutney, I  love to eat with Molagootal sadam or with plain rice. I also relish the same with Idli,Dosa and Adai too.

I purchased one big Brinjal with the intention of making Baingan Bharta.  But my husband refused to eat the same hence I had no choice but to make something out of it.  With half of the brinjal, I made baingan bharta for me and with the remaining half I used one portion of Arachukalakki and one portion for Thogayal.  In short I used one fourth of the brinjal for arachukalakki,  I did not tell my husband that I made it with brinjal fearing that he may  not eat this.  After tasting the same, he said yummy it is and asked me how I made this.  Then  I revealed the truth and he told me tomorrow give it in the tiffin box. 

Now let me share the recipe with you.





Ingredients:

1/4th portion of  Brinjal (I took the Bharta Baingan)
2 green chilly (adjust spice according to your taste)
A Small piece of Ginger
3 Tbsp Sour Curd
3 Tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
Salt

Tempering:

1 Tsp Oil
1 Tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 Tsp Fenugreek seeds
Few curry leaves
A pinch of Asafotida

Method:

Step 1


Prick the brinjal piece with the fork and keep it in the oven.  I cooked the same for 7 minutes (1/2 portion of the brinjal) in 100 power. ( You can also saute the same with little oil after chopping them finely.)  Remove and keep aside. Put all the ingredients in the mixer and grind to a smooth paste. 

Step 2

Temper with the   ingredients mentioned under tempering and  serve with  Idli, Dosa, Chapati, Rice, Adai  etc.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  EAT HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY.  FOLLOW BY E MAIL.
WATCH YOUTUBE; RASAVINSUVAI.  SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment