Thursday 29 May 2014

OATS KHEER

I always crave for some sweets after my lunch and dinner.  I must atleast eat some sugar if I do not have any sweet items in store.  Today, while preparing oats porridge for my dear hubby, I thought I will make kheer out of oats.  There was a piece of red pumpkin after cutting  the veggies for Avial.  Hence made use of the pumpkin along with oats.  There was also a tablespoon of Pal theratipal (milk reduced).  everything mixed became a very tasty flavourful kheer which I am sharing with you. The addition of nuts make this kheer even more tasty.


oats kheer




Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

2 tbs oats
2 tbs grated red pumpkin
1 tbsp pal theratipal, pal kova,( reduced milk) or condensed milk
1 tbsp almond powder
1 tbsp cashews broken
1 tbsp ghee
a pinch of cardamom powder
1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
6 tsp sugar

Method:

Dry roast the oats, keep aside
heat ghee, fry the cashews and take out. In the same kadai, saute the pumpkin till soft.  add the roasted oats, 3/4  cup water and cook till the water is evaporated.   Add the milk, condensed milk or pal kova, sugar and cook for 10 minutes. remove from flame, add the almond powder, cardamom powder, mix well.  garnish with fried cashews.  You can also add pistachios, charoli etc.

serve chilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment