Sunday 2 March 2014

TENDER COCONUT PAYASAM OR MILK SHAKE, ELANEER PAYASAM OR MILK SHAKE

My 450th Post.  unknowingly, it became a sweet, lovely summer cooler drink.  After posting only, I noticed it was my 450th post.

Thank you everyone who stood beside me to happen this blog and the lovely journey from 5th May 2013 onwards.  My sincere thanks to Madhura, Dahlia Twinkle & Kaveri Venkatesh, My son Krishnan Iyer, My nephew Shankar for inspiring me to create the blog.

I am loving it.  Ofcourse,  I cannot forget my husband, my daughter, my neighbours and my judges Rinku, Anjali, Trushma and my office colleagues and friends for tasting the dishes and their lovely comments, critics, advise etc.

Summer has started and the the heat is on.  Everyone wants cold drinks, be it lassi, butter milk  sugar cane juice, whatever it is.  But it should be healthy at the same time cooling the body.  We have natural resources to quench our thirst and cool the body.  tender coconut water is one of the best  summer cooler.  If added something extra to it, makes it yummy, healthy and tasty.

Yes, I am talking about tender coconut milk shake or payasam, elaneer payasam or milk shake.  No need to cook.  you can make it instantly and drink it with ice cubes or refrigerate it and serve cold.

Exams have started and it is a best drink for the children.  watch on Youtube: tender coconut payasam
tender-coconut-falooda-with-vanila-ice cream


Tender coconut payasam or milk shake, elaneer payasam or milk shake





Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 tender coconut  ( I used only 1 cup of water from this)
tender coconut flesh (removed from the tender coconut, it was not too hard or too thin.)
5 tbsp condensed milk (in the video i  have added only 3 tbsp)
1/2 cup raw milk (milk should not be boiled)
5 badam (soaked in water for 4-5 hours and skin removed)
10 pistachios chopped

Method:

take out some coconut flesh and chop finely and keep aside.
In a blender put the badam, half of the pistachios, raw milk, condensed milk and blend to a smooth paste.
now add the coconut water, remaining coconut flesh and blend it.  the pieces should be crushed and not to grind smoothly.  pour it in glass, garnish with pistachios, tender coconut flesh, refrigerate and serve chilled.

In the you tube, i have put the straw in it only for the purpose of photo.  You cannot drink it with straw as the coconut flesh will obstruct the smooth flow of the payasam or milk shake.

It is quite healthy and nice to drink chilled.  enjoy and do give me your feed back.




Note:  You can add fresh cream instead of milk.  you can also add coconut milk.  Can serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.


See some other related posts of tender coconut:  Tender Coconut Shake  Tender Coconut Phirni   AloeVeraTender Coconut Methi Sprouts Sabzi

4 comments: