Saturday 22 March 2014

RAJ KACHORI

Raj kachori is a chaat item which can be enjoyed with the sweet chutney, green chutney, curd, boiled sprouted moong or chana, boiled potatoes etc.  To top it with fine sev, pomegranate and chopped green coriander leaves.  One of my colleague brought this items in the office for celebrating his birthday and I loved it.  Since then, I wanted to make it and tried twice and failed as the kachori was not puffing  properly and becoming crisp. Third time I succeeded and served the same to my judges and neighbours and it was awesome.  Though I had made it just two days before my wedding anniversary as I wanted to serve them  for my guests, clicked photographs and completely forgotten about it.  Yesterday, again I  was told by my friends to make it for the get together today, then I remembered decorating this with pomegranate, sev, coriander leaves and the rich look of it, I remembered clicking the photographs.  So after making  a lot of kachoris today for the get together, I thought of shooting it and uploading the video too.


Raj kachori

watch the video onYoutube: raj kachori a  raj kachori b  raj kachori c  raj kachori d  raj kachori e
Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 1/2  cup semolina (fine one)
1 1/2  tbsp maida, all purpose flour
3 pinch of soda
water

Other Ingredients:

1 cup boiled moongsprouts
1 cup boiled brown chana
3-4 medium sized potates boiled and cubed
1 cup nylon sev
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 cup beaten curd with little sugar and salt

As needed:

Green chutney
sweet chutney
chilli powder
roasted cumin powder
salt
black salt
chaat masala
red chilli powder
chopped coriander leaves

Method:

Make a stiff dough of rava, maida, salt with water.  While adding water, add little by little to make the dough.
divide into 16 equal portions.  Roll into puris of five inches diameter and deep fry them in hot oil on medium heat.  (you can see the video).  when you put the puri in the hot oil, gently press with the jara so that it will fluff.  pour hot oil on it and fry till golden brown.  keep it on tissue paper to remove the excess oil from it.
Leave this puri for 3-4 hours open.  After that time period, it will become crisp.

Now take a puri in a plate.  just tap it with your finger to make hole in it.  Fill with potato cubes, moong, chana.  add curd, the chutneys, masalas.  again top it with sweet chutney, curd on top of it. garnish with nylon sev, pomegranate seeds, chilli powder,  chopped coriander leaves.  serve immediately or else it will become soggy.

Yield: 20-22 kachoris


NOTE:  you can also add papdi dipped in dahi, dahi bhalle, moongdal vada soaked in water and squeezed out lightly mashed.  Most important thing is if the kachori does  not puff up and become flat, those kachoris can also be used,  do not worry, you can break it and top with the fillings and chutney and eat it.

Enjoy this rich kachoris and to give me your feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment