Wednesday 19 February 2014

PETHE KI KHEER

I never used to like sweet items in my childhood.  I was a fan of all spicy items and never used to leave a chance whenever I get it.  After my marriage, I started eating sweets little bit and now I crave for them immediately after my lunch or dinner.  My mother in law and my husband eats lots of sweets and she also makes a variety of sweets.  Staying with her more than 18 years, I have become crazy  now for sweets.

One of my friend who shared this recipe with me said that you taste this, will remember me for ever.  I had kept the Pethe in the fridge for a long time,somehow I could not make it.  Recently, I decided that I must finish it off with this recipe now.  Tell you it was fantastic.  Thanks to my dear friend for this lovely recipe.  It is very simple and easy to make.

You must be familiar with the Agra ki pethe.  Pethe is prepared with white pumpkin (ashgourd) and sugar. You can also use the matured white pumpkin for making the kheer if you cannot get the pethe.
Pethe ki Kheer





Let us look at the recipe now:

50gms pethe



500 ml milk (full cream milk)
3-4 saffron strands
blanched, chopped pistachios 1 tbsp
a pinch of cardamom powder.

Method:

Grate the pethe and keep aside.



In a heavy bottom vessel, add little water and then pour the milk.  This is to ensure that the milk does not get stick to the bottom of the vessel.  Bring to boil.  when it starts boiling, add the grated pethe in it and cook till it reduces to half.


 Put the saffron strands in little hot water or milk.   add to the kheer and boil for a minute. switch off the gas and allow to cool.  put the cardamom powder and mix well.  garnish with chopped pistachios and serve chilled.

It becomes thick when cools down.  can add milk if you wish.

If you like this recipe, prepare, send in the photographs and share in face book.  Do give me your feed back, will be happy to note that you enjoyed it.

Note:  No need to add sugar as the pethe is prepared with sugar and very sweet.

If you are making with fresh grated  ashgourd you have to add sugar.  await the post.  In the meantime, you can enjoy the   ashgourd halva too.

No comments:

Post a Comment