Thursday 23 January 2014

SCHEZWAN DOSA

Dosa is liked by all with sambar, chutney specially when it is served hot in plantain leaf.  I love to eat in plantain leaf whenever I get a chance, I never miss it.  Schezwan dosa, rice is also the favourite of children, especially.  today when  I was making dosa, though I will make this too as I had the vegetables with me.




 Let us look at the recipe now:

szchezwan veg and dosa


Ingredients:

1 bowl dosa batter
oil

for making the veggies/filling:


1 medium size carrot
1 small capsicum
1 onion
2 spring onion with greens
1/4 cup cabbage chopped
3-4 garlic pods
5-6 french beans
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp schezwan chutney (I used store bought)
1 tsp oil
salt as required.



Method:

Wash and chop the cabbage.  cut the onion, carrots, beans spring onion lengthwise and keep aside. chop the garlic. Heat oil in kadai.  add the onions saute for a second, add the french beans,saute for another minute, add the carrots and saute for another minute finally add the capsicum and cabbage, saute for a second, add the schezwan chutney, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and switch off gas.  The process is to be done in medium heat to keep the crunchiness of the vegetables.

Heat tava, spread some oil and wipe with a kitchen towel.  spread one laddleful of batter.  drizzle some oil on top of it.  when it is cooked one side, flip to cook other side, flip again, fill the veggies, fold and serve hot with sauce or chutney or as it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment