Saturday 18 January 2014

INSTANT AMLA SWEET CHUTNEY

Amla is the rich source of Vitamin C.  During the season, I make lot of gooseberry picklegooseberry rice,out of it.  I love the gooseberry chutney too.  Today's special is  instant sweet chutney out of it.  This is my 400th post.  I thought of posting a sweet dish but without realising it, I posted the jackfruit jam and jackfruit kheer before this.  Any way, life is mixture of sorrows, happiness and the food is also sweet, sour and spicy.







Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1/4 kg amla
1/2 kg sugar
3 tbsp chilli powder
salt as per taste
1/4 tsp cardamom powder

Method:

wash and steam cook the amla.  allow to cool.  deseed them.  grind with salt, sugar, chilli powder, cardamom powder  and use the chutney as you wish with dosa, idli, upma or with dal rice or as a bread spread.

Note;  if you want more sugar, can add it.




No comments:

Post a Comment