Thursday 23 January 2014

BROCOLI STEM CHUTNEY


I have posted various chutneys on my blog.  Here is another simple, easy and delicious chutney with the stem of brocolli.  After removing the florets, I used to make use of the stem in some subzi, dal or in soup.  Today I prepared dosa and wants to make some chutney with it as I was lazy to make sambar.  Yesterday I boiled the florets and gave to my daughter and husband and the stem was lying in the fridge.  It became handy today for me to make the chutney.  With some fried chana dal and onion, the chutney was very tasty with dosa.




Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 big onion finely chopped
1/2 cup broccoli stem chopped
1 red chilli
1 green chilli
 a small piece of ginger (optional)
2 garlic pods (optional)
2 tbsp chana dal
1 tsp oil
salt


seasoning:

1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 broken chilli
curry leaves
a pinch of asafoetida.

Method:

Heat oil in kadai.   add the chana dal, red chilli and  fry the dal till brown. remove and keep aside.  in the same kadai, add the broccoli pieces and saute for few minutes.  now add the onion and saute for two minutes. allow to cool

 Now grind the same to a smooth paste along with salt, ginger and garlic pods.  season with the items mentioned.  serve with hot dosa, idli, molagootal, dal rice etc. the stems can be used while making soup, dal or sambar or chutney.










No comments:

Post a Comment