Saturday 21 December 2013

GUAVA SOUP (KHATTA MEETHA GUAVA SOUP)

Winter has started and are craving for some hot soup.  Guava is also available plenty and I love to eat guavas even though it does not suit me.  I wanted to have some soup and thought of trying with guava as I was tired of the regular tomato, vegetable, corn soups etc.




Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 medium size guava
1 medium size tomato
salt, black salt, sugar, pepper powder, chat masala as per taste
2-3 basil leaves for garnishing
butter, cream  (optional)
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp ghee
roasted bread cubes

Method:

wash guava, cut both the ends and pressure cook the same for 4-5 whistles along with tomato.
cool and remove from cooker, grind to a smooth paste in mixer.  sieve it to remove the seeds or you can remove the seeds of guava by straining it in strainer and then grind it.  add water according to the consistency of soup you need and bring to boil.  saute the chopped garlic in ghee and keep aside.   add the masalas as per your choice. garnish with chopped basil leaves, butter or cream and sauted garlic.  serve  hot with roasted bread cubes.

seethe recipe of guava cheese, guava halva, guava kheer

5 comments:

  1. I am lucky as tasted this soup at your home. I was searching it's recipe on your blog and thank god I finally got it. I too love guava but because of my troublesome teeth can't enjoy it...!! Will try this recipe for me and for my hubby!! Great discovery as I searched on other blogs too but this recipe is not available there.... Unique one...!! Keep trying such wonderful recipe !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting my blog and the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today again reading the recipe as going to make guava tomato soup ..... I just love this soup !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy dipti. thanks for the feed back. have a great day

    ReplyDelete