Tuesday 3 September 2013

CHINESE IDLI



Chinese items are favourite of all children including adults.  Somehow, I never tasted  the noodles and the Chinese items it till such time my daughter forced me to eat this in a party.  There were Chinese noodles, fried rice and Manchurian.  Since she was forcing me to eat, I happened to taste the noodles.  I always prefer to eat the food hot hot so I liked it.  Then she was forcing me to eat the fried rice and the Manchurian.  On her insistence, I tasted that too on that day and that was the beginning of making fried rice, Manchurian and hakka noodles at home by me.



The other day, my daughter went for a kitty party which was organized by our friend circle.  One of my friend had made Chinese idli and the children finished it within no time.  When she told me about this, I asked her about the recipe and got the chance to make it yesterday.  I had specially made the mini idlis  and kept aside when I was making the idlis for breakfast.  In the evening I tried my hand on it and it was a successful event.  This is yet another way of making the children eat all the vegetables.

I bored you quite a lot, now let us see the receipe

Ingredients:

¼ cup  each vegetables cut into thin strips viz. cabbage, carrot, French beans, capsicum and spring onions.
2 tsp chilli sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp tomato ketchup
2-3 garlic pods cut into thin strips
1 big onion sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 plates of mini idlis as shown in the picture.
 I did not measure the quantity of idlis.  Say about 36 mini idlis.


Garnishing

1 tbsp spring onions chopped.


Method:

Heat oil in high flame add the  garlic pods and fry for a second.
Add vegetables except cabbage and stir for a few seconds
add the chilli sauce, soya sauce and ketchup and mix well.
Now add the idlis and cabbage and toss it well till the idlis are coated with the vegetables and sauces.
I added cabbage at this stage because it gets cooked fast. should be crunchy hence to add at this stage only.
Add in the cut spring onion stir and serve hot with chopped spring onions
Do give me your feed back and enjoy. 

Happy cooking and eating too.


No comments:

Post a Comment