Pickle is a part of any Indian dish whether it is a feast or with paratha, upma, rice varieties etc. I love pickles and always try my hand with varieties of vegetables and fruits. Jamun, Jambul, black berry, it is known as is available from May, June. It is good for diabetic people. the seeds are dried,powdered and consumed for controlling diabetic.
This fruit is known as Naaval Pazham in Tamil, Njaval Pazham in Malayalam, Nerale Hannu in Kannada, Jam in Bengali, Jamukoli in Oriya and Jambu in Gujarat and also jamun, black berry etc.
|Jamun pickle and Jamun|
Let us look at the recipe now:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
serves : 2-3
a pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp sugar
a pinch of turmeric powder.
few curry leaves
1. Heat oil in a kadai
2. Add the mustard and fenugreek seeds
3. When it is done, add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
4. Add the jumun, salt, turmeric powder
5. Mix well and cover it for two minutes
6. Remove the plate and add the chilli powder, sugar, mix well and switch off gas
7. cover and keep it for 3 minutes.
8. transfer it to a bowl and serve the pickle
THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG. YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.