Sunday 8 May 2016

CURRY LEAVES POWDER

Curry leaves have got several medicinal properties and helps in curing stomach related ailments, grow hair etc.  I have posted few curry leaves recipes and the links are here:


I have already posted curry patta idli,  curry patta idli fry, curry patta rice,  curry leaves kuzhambu, curry leaves kuzhambu rice,  curry patta gun powder,  curry leaves mor kuzhambu,   curry leaves adai,  curry leaves dhokla etc. 

I am very fond of this powder along with hot rice and ghee or gingelly oil.  My mom used to make this for us and one urula (morsel) of rice is compulsory to have it with ghee or gingelly oil before the normal food we eat.

Today is MOM's day and I dedicate this to my mother.  The dish was forgotten for some time and  my sister in law reminded me about this as I was having some stomach related issues.

Now let us look at the recipe now:




Author:  Raji Ramakrishnan
Cuisine : Indian
Category: Powders/chutney recipes.

Ingredients:

2  cups curry leaves loosely packed
2 tbsp urid dal
2  red chilli
1 tbps black pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds
generous pinch of hing powder
salt





Method:

1.  Wash and put the curry leaves on a towel to dry in shade.




2.  Dry roast the same till it is crispy but do not burn.  When you press with your fingers, it should break.
3.  Dry roast the dal, chilli, cumin, black pepper etc.
4.  Allow to cool.
5.  Grind all ingredients except curry leaves for one minute.
6.  Add the curry leaves and then grind again to get a coarse/smooth powder.

How to use:

Take one tsp of this powder, mix with hot rice, ghee or gingelly oil and serve.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.




No comments:

Post a Comment