Monday 15 December 2014

AJAWAIN PATTA AMBE HALAD CHUTNEY

ajwain is good for health and got medicinal values.  along with this, if we add some more ingredients which have also medicinal values, then it is worth trying this recipe.  When my neighbour was having some stomach related issues, I made this chutney for her along with idli and she liked it very much. However, the post remained in the draft.



Today, again, I remembered because my daughter was not well hence I made this and decided to post it.  Previously, when I made it, I did not shoot the same.  Today, I have taken the video as well as fresh photograph too.




Since I have got the plant in my balcony, I feel free  to make the ajwain patta  bhajia and chutney any time.







Let us look at the recipe now:



Ingredients:




8-10 leaves of ajwain

1 bettle leaf
a small piece of ambe halad (fresh turmeric piece)
a small piece of ginger
a garlic clove
1/4 coconut grated
a small piece of tamarind
1 stalk of green coriander
few curry leaves
5-6 shallots
2 green chilli
1 tsp oil

Tempering:

1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urid dal
few curry leaves
a generous pinch of asafoetida

Method:

Heat oil in kadai
add the shallots and saute for few minutes 
add the curry leaves and saute
add the garlic clove, ajwain patta and bettle leaves, saute
add the tamarind and saute
add the green chilli and saute
add the grated coconut, mix well and switch off gas.
allow to cool
grind to a smooth paste along with the coriander, ambe halad, salt.
temper with the ingredients mentioned and serve with idli, dosa.




Banao, khao or khilao. enjoy cooking




thanks for visiting the blog. do give me your feed back on the blog.  like it on FB, share it and google + too.




No comments:

Post a Comment