Saturday 23 August 2014

AJWAIN PATTA PARATHA

Parathas are altime favourite of our family members.  We love to eat paratha any time with curd and pickle is my choice and with tomato ketchup of our children.

Ajwain patta it is also known as pani koorka elai, kanni koorka, karpooravalli elai has got lot of medicinal value and I have planted the same in the balcony.  Hence, it is always available with me.  Whenever my children gets cough and cold, I make kada or kashayam in which I always used to put this.

Coming back to paratha, I have made several times, bhajia out of the leaves but never tried the paratha. Two days back I was bored of making subzi so thought of making paratha out of it as the Gardener came to trim the plants in the balcony, he had removed the leaves.  I had kept some in fridge which I used to make the paratha and was too good.  we can make puri also out of this dough





Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

15-20 ajwain leaves
1 cup + wheat flour.
2 green chilly
a small piece of ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 onion
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
salt
oil or ghee for cooking.

Method:

Wash and wipe the ajwain leaves.  put them in mixer along with green chilli, ginger and garlic, grind to a smooth paste by adding two tbsp water.
In a kadai, mix the ground paste, flour, salt, masalas and make a dough out of it.  Divide the dough into equal balls.  roll out and put it in the non stick tava, cook both the sides, apply oil, serve hot with pickle, curd, sauce etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment