Saturday 19 July 2014

JACKFRUIT DOSA

I got a jack fruit which was given by my brother as someone had given him.  When I cut it, you will  not believe there was only 4 bulbs in it.  We were quite surprise to see such a big jack fruit with only four bulbs in it.  Any way, I do not waste anything. So thought of making dosa, jack fruit  uttappa, cutlet out of the four bulbs I had.

Out of the four bulbs, I used two for making dosa and uttappa and another two for making cutlet.


Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:


1/2 cup raw  rice (i used ponni arisi)
1 cup chopped raw jack fruit bulb (I used two big jack fruit bulb)
1 small piece of ginger
1 green chilli
a pinch of asafoetida
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of black pepper powder
salt
oil or ghee 

Method:

wash and soak the rice for one hour.  grind together the rice, jackfruit, ginger, chilli, cumin seeds to a fine paste or fine rava paste.  add the asafoetida, black pepper, salt and mix well.  the batter I made is  slighty watery than the idli batter.   Heat a non stick pan, smear with oil or ghee.  pour one laddle ful of batter and spread it.  drizzle oil and cook both the sides till crispy.  serve hot with any kind of chutney.


Note:  The same batter can be used for making  Jack fruit  Uttappa

No comments:

Post a Comment