Monday 28 April 2014

WATER MELON RASAM

Rasam is served with hot steamed rice.  It can be served as appetizer too.  I love to drink rasam and rasam rice is my favourite as well as my brothers.  we  want only roasted papad with it.    Yesterday, I made mango rasam and it was awesome.  Today I made this watermelon rasam and the result I leave it to you.


watch youtube: water melon rasam


Let us look at the recipe now;


1 cup water melon puree
1 tsp rasam powder
salt as per taste
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 leaf of kokum soaked in water

Tempering:

1 tsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
few curry leaves.

Garnishing:

1 tsp chopped coriander leaves.


Method:

In a sauce pan, put the melon puree, rasam powder, salt, turmeric powder and boil.  Now add squeeze the kokum leaf and add water in it.  simmer for two minutes.  remove from gas.  Temper with the ingredients  mentioned and serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.

Since I am a rasam lover, it is sufficient only for one person.  otherwise two.


No comments:

Post a Comment