Saturday 12 April 2014

MAKAI ADAI, MAKAI LENTIL CREPE

Like the normal adai, we make, I tried with Makai.  I had some broken makai with me and wanted to make something for the evening snack.  Thought of using this makai with some rice, tur dal and urid dal and turned out to be tasty.

I served this with Kodukapuli thogayal and was an awesome combination.

Let us look at the recipe now:

Makai adai 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup makai (broken makai  i have taken)
1/2 cup rice
2 tbsp urid dal
2 tbsp tur dal
1 red chilli (kashmiri chilli)
few curry leaves
less than 1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp salt

Method:

wash and soak the makai and rice for 5-6 hours.
wash and soak the urid dal and tur dal for 1 hour.
now grind together all the ingredients
heat a non stick tava, smear with little oil
pour one laddleful of batter on it and spread it like you make the normal dosa.
drizzle some oil, flip it to cook the other side too.
serve hot with chutney, sambar, thogayal, picle and curd etc.

Note:  Normally adai is made little thicker than the dosa but my family members like it in the form of dosa so I make it thin.



No comments:

Post a Comment