Sunday 27 October 2013

RAVA PAK, RAVA CAKE


Varieties of sweets and savories are made during any festival, specially for Diwali.  A really different kind of  sweet dish for this year's Diwali is here for you.  It is very simple and easy to make.  Rava cake, rava pak you can name it anything is made with rava, milk, sugar and ghee.  Is bored of making the usual mysore pak, this sweet is an alternate one for you.  





let us have a look at the recipe now:

Ingredients

1 cup rava (fine rava, semolina)
1 cup ghee
4 cups milk (cow milk preferred, low fat milk)
5 cups sugar:
cardamom powder
food colour (optional)

Method:

Grease a plate and keep aside.
In a kadai, mix all the ingredients except cardamom powder.
Cook the same in low heat stirring continuously till it starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
transfer it into the greased plate.
cut into desired shape immediately.
when it becomes cool, it will be hard to cut.
Your rava pak, rava cake is ready to serve.

Variation:  Since it becomes thick after transferring into the plate, you can  take out from the kadai at little early stage for a soft version.

Happy Diwali to all of you.

Do give me the feed back.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Raji,
    Today only i saw your "about me". Thank you for mentioning about me and my website... I am really glad you started your own blog... I see so many recipes flowing each week... Great job....Keep it up.. I will be trying some of them.....

    Just wanted to mention that there is a mistake in the spelling of simpleindianrecipes.com in the "About me" columm.

    dahlia

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are behind my success Dahlia. thank you so much. i have corrected the spelling mistake.

    ReplyDelete