Wednesday 30 October 2013

5 CUP BURFI


5 Cup burfi is the speciality of my Mother in law. She is very fond of cooking and makes lots of items within no time.  This burfi was made by her once and I took the same to office and shared with my colleague Mrs. Vaidehi Kothari.  Now after a long period may be around 8-10 years, she remembered this recipe and asked me to post the same in the blog or send it to her for preparing the same for this Diwali.   Actually speaking, i had totally forgotten about this recipe.

Somehow I found my old book and also checked with my aunty how to make this and made it today.  Tell you it is a very delicious dish can be made within no time.

5 cup burfi is made with milk, besan, ghee, coconut, sugar and a very simple and easy sweet dish.   If you wish you can garnish with chopped dry fruits too.  You need not worry while preparing this item like the Mysore Pak.

Vaidehi, this one for you.   Thanks for reminding me of this recipe.

 Wish You all a Very happy diwali.






Now let us look at the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1 cup besan
1 cup ghee
1 cup  fresh grated  coconut
2 1/2 to 3 cups sugar (I used three cups sugar)
elaichi powder
chopped dry fruits (optional)

Method:

Put the grated coconut in the mixer and pulse for a minute to bring uniformity.  Grease a plate  with ghee and keep ready Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom kadai.  add the besan and stir for one to two minutes.  Now add all the other items in the besan ghee mix and continuously stir till it starts leaving the kadai. add the cardamom powder and transfer it on the greased plate and level it.  Dip a knife in ghee and cut the burfi  into desired shapes and serve.

Variation:  You can add chopped dry fruits on top of it or mix it in the burfi 

No comments:

Post a Comment